interannette knits

knitting adventures!

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Swell 

Swell Hat

Pattern: Swell in size M.
Yarn: Dale of Norway Free Style that I bought at late night knitting at The Sow's Ear. The entirety of one skein of the red, and about half a skein of the purple.
Needles: Size 7 dpns and a 16" circular.

I have to say I really didn't like how this came out. The colors didn't look as good together as I thought they would. Plus it just didn't fit my head right. Or maybe it did fit my head right, it just isn't very flattering to my head. Either way, I don't think I would wear it much. So, I think I'm pretty sure I'm going to donate it somewhere, probably afghans for Afghans. I could of course frog it, but I don't have enough to make an entirely red, or entirely purple hat, so I'd still be stuck with the two colors together. And, I knit it over the course of a day and a half and am pretty much sick of looking at it now. And, I'm just stubborn and refuse to undo all my work, especially since it's a perfectly functional hat, I just don't like the way it looks.


This was part of a plan I had going in my head. I was going to make a bunch of hats out of various superwash wools. With the goals of trying them out and finding a nice one to make a sweater out of, and having a bunch of really cool hats in the winter. I'm still kind of on a hat kick, they are quick and fun and break up the winter monotony of wearing the same winter coat everyday. But, I finally got around to using the gift certificate Sam's parents got me for graduation, and so have a bunch of really need stuff coming my way. I'll post pictures and my ideas once the yarn gets here.
Posted by interannette @ 4:52 PM

Comments:

invisible