interannette knits

knitting adventures!

Monday, March 19, 2007

Lucy In the Sky Cardigan 

Sweater.JPG

I started this over winter break and just finished it up this past Friday, just in time to wear it to late night knitting at The Sow's Ear with Christelle and Meghan. The pattern is Lucy in the Sky Cardigan from cosmicpluto knits. I made the size for 37 inches. I changed the seed stitch on the hem and cuff to ribbing, but other that that followed the pattern pretty much exactly. It looks pretty funky where I had to attach the neck band along the back. It reminded me how much I hate finishing, and to avoid anything that requires applying neckbands. I wasn't very impressed by the pattern. I feel like it would have been easier to use a basic top down raglan pattern and insert the diamond pattern. I paid for the pattern because I thought I would need help figuring out how to do the decreases in pattern, but it turns out it really wasn't hard to figure out, and it wasn't written in the pattern either, it just said decrease in pattern.
I used about ten balls of Knit Pick's Swish in black. After blocking I got gauge pretty much spot on with size 6 Audi Naturas. It was looking a little small while knitting, but blocking made it much more reasonable. It's still a little to tight around the upper arms, and I would make it longer if I were going to do it again.
Overall I'm pretty happy with how this came out. There is the pretty glaring mistake on the neck, but I would definitely wear the sweater in public if it weren't for that. And heck, I'll probably wear it in public anyway. So it's good to know that maybe someday I'll make a whole sweater I am proud of.


In other news I started an entrelac scarf at late night knitting. I scrapped the Danica idea and am just using the tutorial by Eunny Jang in the Spring Interweave Knits. Speaking of which, I think I am finally going to get myself a subscription seeing as she is the new editor and I love her stuff.
Posted by interannette @ 1:36 PM

Comments:

invisible