interannette knits

knitting adventures!

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Coachella for Lollapalooza 

Well I made my goal and finished my Coachella in time for Lollapalooza, with a week to spare.

FinishedCoachella.JPG

I really liked the pattern. I didn't quite get gauge so I made the small instead of my actual size and they canceled each other out, because it fits great. I am undecided on my opinions of Wick. It is really soft and squishy and machine washable, which is great. But it is such a smooth yarn that it really shows any mistakes, of which I have many. I think part of the problem was that I was knitting it at a looser gauge then the yarn was really meant for. Other than that my only complaint is that the back was shorter than the front, probably because I dont think they were the same length when I jointed them after the arm holes. I thought about doing some short rows on the back to make it longer, but decided to finish it up and try it on then rip back if necessary. Right now I am leaning towards it not being necessary, but we'll see once I wear it out of the house.
Posted by interannette @ 10:20 AM

Comments:

invisible