interannette knits

knitting adventures!

Monday, June 18, 2007

i quit! 

Having complete all but one sleeve of my dollar and a half cardigan, I quit. It's coming out way too big. I've actually blocked everything but the sleeves, and blocked them to the correct size, but I should have gone the next size down. I was smack dab in the middle between two sizes. (A 38 while the choices are 36 and 40.) I went with the bigger, but that was a mistake. I really need to learn this whole ease concept I guess.

I have two whole and one partial skiens of cotton fleece left so I am thinking of making Green Gable. I might have to cannibalize the not yet blocked sleeve, but would have enough yarn. But I don't have the money right now to buy anything unnecessary, ie knitting patterns. And I'm not really feeling the color of this yarn for any kind of clothing. So for now, I guess both will go on hold, and I will go in search of some much needed instant knitting gratification from somewhere in my stash.
Posted by interannette @ 5:17 PM

Comments:

invisible