interannette knits

knitting adventures!

Saturday, July 14, 2007

the universe is against me! or at least my knitting 

last night i had the depressing experience of ripping out a half done project! i dont think ive done that before, usually i just chug along and hate the end product. but i got to the point in my coachella where you can try it on, and the cowl was hanging wicked low. so i tore it all the way out. on top of that, i lost my size 7 circular which was only needed for the beginning! so i spent this afternoon going first to walmart, then our crappy joann's, and finally finding one at michael's so that i could start over.

i cast on again, this time in a small, which seems so not my size, tonight while watching desk set with my parents. on the plus side, the drape was good and i liked it except for the horrible fit. i fly back to madison tomorrow and should be able to make up for lost time on the plane.

in related knitting misfortune news, my dollar and half cardigan is still sitting on my floor waiting to be seamed. i got one shoulder set in, but it looks pretty crappy and is not motivating me at all!
Posted by interannette @ 10:05 PM

Comments:

I am so sorry to hear about it. But, at the end, who is going to own a very chic Coachella? A gorgeous green one? You see?! Every mistake is a lesson, at the end...
By Blogger Aysel, at 9:55 PM
invisible